I am interested in working with bright, motivated PhD students who have
strong interest in Cybersecurity and a solid background in Computer
Science (e.g. programming languages, compiler construction, formal methods,
Information about indicative research topics and some funding opportunities are available below. Feel free to contact me directly (email: ) to discuss interest in working with me.
General information about postgraduate research at Teesside University (Middlesbrough, UK).
- Research topics:
- Security protocols, services and applications
- Applied Formal Methods for Security: Formal Verification of Protocols and Applications, Verification Tools, ...
- Automatic Generation of Security Protocols Implementations, Code Generation, Model Driven Development
- Software Security: Java, Android, APIs, Programming Abstractions for Security, ...
- Language Based Security
- Security Analysis and Evaluation
- Applied Cryptography
- Security of Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrencies
- E-Payments Protocols
- Next-generation Ethical Hacking Tools
- Current (co*-)supervision:
- Rémi Garcia: Formal methods for security
- * Olutunde Adesiji: Blockchain security
- * Alistair Pollitt (Newcastle University): Secure payment protocol development
- PhD Funding opportunities:
- Doctoral Loan: available to UK and EU citizens (pre-settled or settled status required from academic year 2021-22)
- European Union: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA)
- European Union: Erasmus+ (unfortunately no longer available as the UK government decided to leave the scheme)
- Grants for International students from Commonwealth countries
- Chevening Scholarship UK government’s international awards scheme
- British Council and Bilateral agreements UK-your home country
- Women Techmakers (various fields including Computer Science)
- For Italian citizens (Law 476/1984 art. 2 and Law nr. 240/2010 art. 19)
- For Chinese, Russian and Danish citizens
- More opportunities (findaPhd.com)