Android Command Line Tools
A Script-Based Approach for Teaching and Assessing Android Application Development
These command-line scripts aim at helping
students, and more in general, developers, to perform in a simpler and faster manner the typical tasks
carried out in a software development session (e.g. clean, build, run,
test), manage Android projects, configure the development environment
and the virtual/physical devices where these applications run.
Additionally, the admin's scripts are designed to support the marking process, allowing the marker to streamline the activities, saving a considerable amount of time otherwise spent to perform mundane operations preliminary to the marking itself. The scripts can also be used to automatically upgrade to new versions Android apps used in lectures and tutorials.
- Android SDK
- Android Studio (optional)
- Windows OS (this the only OS currently supported. If you would like to volunteer for translating the scripts for Mac and/or Linux please contact me).
- Developer's scripts (used by students to develop Android apps)
- Admin's scripts (used by tutors to mark apps and migrate projects, requires the developer's scripts)
- Sample apps
- Getting Started Manual (PDF)
- Please refer to the readme.txt documents in the zip archives for more information about configuration and usage of the scripts.
- A Script-Based Approach for Teaching and Assessing Android Application
Development (P. Modesti), 2021
ACM Transactions on Computing Education, Volume 21 Issue 1, preprint
- Write to