Laurea degree cum laude in Computer Science, University of Pisa, 1985.
PhD in Computer Science, University of Pisa, 1991.
From 1991 to 1992, Research Fellow of the Hewlett Packard - Pisa Science Center.
In 1993, Post-doc Research Associate at the
Department of Computer Science of University of Pisa.
In 1994 he joined Ca' Foscari University of Venice as an Assistant Professor.
From 2000 to 2017, Associate Professor at Ca' Foscari University of Venice.
Since 2017, he has been a Full Professor of Computer Science at Ca' Foscari University of Venice.
Curriculum vitae et studiorum
Research Interests and Publications
- High Performance Data-Intensive Algorithms
- Data Mining, Information Retrieval, etc.
- Programming issues of high performance distributed/heterogeneous architectures, including Grids
- Parallel languages and run-time supports
- Optimizing and parallelizing compiling techniques
- Publications and Reports.
- Google Scholar - My Citations Page.
ACM Computing Reviews selected the paper:
Lucchese, C.; Orlando, S.; Perego, R.; Silvestri, F.; and Tolomei, G. Discovering tasks from search engine query logs.
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS), Volume 31 Issue 3 (July 2013), Article No. 14, ACM New York, NY, USA.
as a notable article in computing in 2013.
- MOTUS - MObility and Tourism in Urban Scenarios (2009-1012), National Research Programm: Industria 2015 - Mobilità Sostenibile.
- TETRis - Servizi innovativi Open Source su TETRA - PROGETTO PON01_00451" (2011-13)
- ECOMOBILITY - ECOlogical supporting for traffic Management in cOastal
areas By using an InteLlIgenT sYstem - EU Interreg (2018-2019)
- Paolo Palmerini, PhD, 2003
- Claudio Silvestri, PhD, 2005
- Francesco Lelli, PhD, 2007
- Matteo Mordacchini, PhD, 2007
- Claudio Lucchese, PhD, 2008
- Fernando José Braz, PhD, 2009
- Gabriele Tolomei, PhD, 2011
- Andrea Triossi, PhD, 2012
- Daniele Broccolo, PhD, 2014
- Francesco Lettich, PhD, 2015
- Mohsen Pourvali, 2016
- Bruno Quintavalle, 2019
Member of many Technical Program Committes (KDD, ICDM, SDM, ECML/PKDD, CIKM, IPDPS, Euro-Par, Euro PVM/MPI, SAC - DM Track, PAKDD).
Recent TPC memberships:
- IPDPS 2020 (IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium)
- ECIR 2020 (European Conference on Information Retrieval)
- HPCS 2019 (High Performance Computing & Simulation Conference) - Awards Co-Chair
- CLiC-it 2019 (6th Italian Conference on Computational Linguistic)
- ICDM 2019 (IEEE International Conference on Data Mining)
- IPDPS 2019 (IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium)
- WWW 2019 (The Web Conference)
- ECIR 2019 (41st European Conference on Information Retrieval)
- PDP 2019 (Euromicro Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing)
- IIR 2018 (9th Italian Information Retrieval Workshop)
- CIKM 2018 (ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management)
- SIGIR2018 (The 41st International ACM SIGIR conference on research and development in Information Retrieval) - Senior member
- ECIR 2018 (40th European Conference on Information Retrieval)
- WWW 2018 (The Web Conference, 2018) - Senior member
- PDP2018 (The 26th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing)
- IIR 2017 (8th Italian Information Retrieval Workshop)
- SIGIR 2017 (The 40th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval)
- PAKDD 2017 (Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining)
- PDP 2017 (The 25th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing)
General Chair of EDBT/ICDT 2017.