The main service provider in our country (Italy) is the (central & local) government. It is therefore desirable to encourage public dissemination and application in this context of the culture related to quality and measurable indicators; this kind of culture has been developed in the context of the goods and was then applied in services. This evolutionary step, preceded by a series of paths towards the awareness of citizens/users, is now supported by specific policy directions and legislation and is facilitated by the opportunities that new technologies related to web portals are offering for the mechanisms of interaction inside and outside organizations.
To facilitate the dissemination of technologies and good practices, the Veneto Region is gradually introducing specific (infrastructure) service platforms as containers for products, resources, and processes made available for local municipalities.
With the aim to investigate scientifically the best technologies and assess their applicability through experimentation in some municipalities in the context of continuous development, has been established the Laboratory of eGovernment in cooperation between the Information Systems Department (DSI) of the Veneto Region and the Department of Environmental, Computing and Statistics Sciences (DAIS) of the University “Ca ‘Foscari”.
The interests ancd competences of the Laboratory are growing thanks to the collaboration with the National Agency for the Digital Agenda (AGID).
Here is a list of our recent projects:
7. National Catalogue of PA Databases, in collaboration with AGID.
6.“Smart eGovernment Dashboard (SMED)” for Information Systems Department of Regione Veneto (dec 2012 – dec 2013);
5. “Women and Information Technologies” for the Commission for Gender Equal Opportunities of the Regione Veneto (july 2011 – june 2012),
4. “eGovernment Intelligence” for Information Systems Department of Regione Veneto (june 2010 – may 2011);
3. “Competence Center for the Open, Participated & Shared Development of the Citisens Service Portals” for Information Systems Department of Regione Veneto (june 2009 – may 2010),
2. “Collaborative systems and Citizens Service Portals: tools for orchestration and measurement of quality services” for Information Systems Department of Regione Veneto (april 2008 – march 2009), finally,
1. “eGovernment Inquiry Framework“, action 7.3 of the project “Citizens iTV” for Information Systems Department of Regione Veneto (nov 2006 – march 2007).
The research lines in Regione Veneto DSI are the following:
a) eGovernment Intelligence,
b) Open Government,
c) Innovation Governance,
d) Digital Story Telling,
e) Local Area Marketing of the innovation.
The Laboratory is structured in committees:
Local Stakeholders Committee
Each project, apart form the specific Project Committee, has specific Task Forces (TFs).
Students & Thesis Proposals
The Laboratory offers thesis projects for students.
Please refer to this link to collaborate with veg-lab.
Brief Summary of the eGov-Lab