Among the non-functional requirements of a system, the performance and reliability issues play a pivotal role. Most of the times a fast response to a user’s query or a prompt reaction to an environmental change is an essential part of the system design.
ACADIA research track on performance engineering aims at developing formal languages and analysis techniques that are suitable to analyse the performance and reliability properties of autonomous, distributed and pervasive systems.
Additionally, the highly distributed nature of pervasive systems is sometimes exploited to drive smart global behaviours that arise from simple decisions taken by each agent based on a local knowledge. The design of systems with such a nature or predicting the emerging behaviours of existing ones is another challenge that is addressed by this research line.
- A. Marin, M. G. Vigliotti: Algorithmic product-form approximations of interacting stochastic models, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64 (12), pp. 3852-3868, 2012
- M. Bugliesi, L. Gallina, S. Hamadou, A. Marin, S. Rossi: Interference-sensitive Preorders for MANETs , Proc. of the 9th Int. Conf. on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST), IEEE, pp. 189-198, 17-20 Sep 2012
- L. Gallina, G. Dei Rossi, A. Marin, S. Rossi: Evaluating Resistance to Jamming and Casual Interception in Mobile Wireless Networks , Proc. of the 15th ACM Int. Conf. on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWIM’12), 21-26 Oct 2012
- A. Marin, S. Rota Bulò, S. Balsamo: A numerical algorithm for the decomposition of cooperating structured Markov processes in Proc. of IEEE 20th Int. Symp. on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, MASCOTS 2012, Washington DC, USA
- S. Balsamo, P.G. Harrison, A. Marin: Methodological construction of product-form stochastic Petri nets for performance evaluation, in the J. of Systems and Ssoftware, vol. 85, 2012, pp. 1520-1539, 2012
- A. Marin, S. Balsamo, P.G. Harrison: Analysis of stochastic Petri nets with signals, Performance Evaluation, Volume 69, Issue 11, 2012, pp. 551-57
- L. Gallina, S. Hamadou, A. Marin, S. Rossi A Framework for Throughput and Energy Efficiency in Mobile ad Hoc Networks, Proceedings of the IFIP Wireless Days Conference 2011, IEEE Computer Society, Canada, October 10-12, 2011
- S. Balsamo Queueing Networks with Blocking: Analysis, Solution Algorithms and Properties in D. Kouvatsos, Next Generation Internet, in LNCS, Springer, vol. 5233, pp. 233-257, 2011
- S. Balsamo, P.G. Harrison, A. Marin: A unifying approach to product-forms in networks with finite capacity constraints in V. Misra, P. Barford, M.S. Squillante Eds, ACM SIGMETRICS 2010, in ACM SIGMETRICS Conferences, New York, ACM, vol. ACM SIGMETRICSG.
- Bernardi, M. Bugliesi, D. Macedonio, S. Rossi: A Theory of Adaptable Contract-Based Service Composition, SYNASC 2008 10th Int. Symp. Symbolic and Numeric Computation., IEEE Computer Society, 2008, pp. 327-334